What to Do After a Water Damage
Well, the worse has happened..........your hot water heater has busted, your A/C has leaked, your child has left the tub running.........and now your house is wet.
First thing you need to do is contact your insurance company and CALL SERVPRO!
After that, however, here are some tips that can help you.
- Document the damage. Take photos and videos if possible.
- Save any damaged items for your adjuster to inspect.
- Make a list of any repairs you make on your own, even if they are temporary.
- Keep all receipts for repairs you pay for.
- Protect your belongings - move any items to higher/dryer areas.
- Remove area rugs from the floors. Dyes from the rugs can stain floors if left wet.
- Clean up as much water as possible by blotting or soaking with wet towels.
- When safe to do so, circulate air with the use of fans.