Preparing For Cold Weather
Outdoor Cleaning Tips that Could help Prevent Damage this Fall
Happy fall, y'all! The chill is in the air and the leaves are finally falling. Some of our customers wonder what they should do to prepare for the cooler weather. SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo always wants to help you out by giving you tips. We are here to help!
Here are some things you may want to add to your to do list for your fall cleaning!
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows.(Repair or replace as needed.)
- Check and clean the gutters.
(Do the downspouts, too.)
- Clean the patio furniture.(Then store away.)
- Drain and store garden hoses.
- Check the exterior paint.(Touch up as needed.)
- Drain the pool, if applicable.(Close it up for the year)
Some of these tips can help prevent future water damage as well, like cleaning your gutters and repair the weather stripping & caulk.
SERVPRO wants you to know how to prevent damage to your home during the cooler months. Autumn water damages are just as serious as any other damage that can happen. Stay ahead! Get prepared!