Do's and Dont's for a water damage.
One of the most common questions during a water damage is “what do I need to do until help arrives?” Here a few Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to water damage.
- Contact your local restoration company as soon as possible
- Remove as much excess water as possible by shop vacuum, mopping or blotting
- Wipe excess water from around wood furniture after removal of lamps and table top items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery items such as cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- In the summer, turn on HVAC unit to maximize drying
- Remove colored rugs from wall to wall carpeting areas to minimize staining
- Pick up loose items, such as toys and clothes, to allow maximum air to reach the wet areas
- Leave fabrics wet in place, dry them as soon as possible
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet floors
- Use your household vacuum to remove water
- Use TV’s or other household appliances while standing on wet floors
- Keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
Call SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo 601-634-0909 and let us make it "Like it never even happened."