Facts About Flooding
Did you know that flooding is one of the top natural disasters and can cause a massive amount of damage within your home. Heavy downpours of rain in your area can cause drainage issues which could lead to a flooded home. Here are a few things you can do in your home to minimize damage:
1. Keep water heater and electrical panels elevated
2. Make sure you and your family have an emergency kit and a plan
3. If you are under a warning be sure to tune into your tv/radio
4. If at all possible move your furniture and important items to a higher level.
5. ALWAYS remember to AVOID contact with flood waters.
If your home is ever affected by a natural disaster call SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo 601-634-0909, we use the most up to date equipment to make sure your home looks "Like it never even happened."