Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Your restaurant’s nightly checklist has to be followed to the letter in order to keep your business in great shape and ready for the next business day. Every item has to be thoroughly washed and sparkling clean on a daily basis; the kitchen flooring, stovetops and ovens, utensils, pots and coffee makers…. And then there’s the front of house - bathrooms, host stand, and bar area with all your glassware that needs attention. But you and your team have it all handled, every day.
Flooring in a busy restaurant can be a challenge, as well. Many eateries choose to install hardwood floors, which have to be treated regularly to avoid damage from high heels, spills, and scratches from table and chair movement.
Perhaps, however, your establishment has carpeting. A nightly vacuum and spot cleaning will go a long way towards preventing potential mold growth and other issues that can cause unpleasant odors, but your carpeting will still need a regular deep cleaning to keep floors looking the way you want them to. With carpeting, spills on carpeting don’t come up quite as easily or as completely as those on hardwood flooring, and a carpet in need of deep cleaning can look dull and worn, with the colors no longer as bright and fresh; that can reflect negatively on your guest’s experience. Make sure a deep cleaning is on your cleaning checklist! Just call SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo at 601-634-0909
10 Reasons to Use SERVPRO
People and businesses rely on SERVPRO to restore damaged property for many reasons. Here are just 10.
1. We Get It
SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo understands your situation. You want to keep costs down, repair the damage, and get back to normal. Those are our goals, too.
2. SERVPRO Is Qualified
Our repair and restoration team members have the best training in the industry. Our results will create a measurable difference for you.
3. We Respond To You Immediately
You can reach us 24/7. When a disaster strikes we respond as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo can draw on more than 1,650 U.S. and Canadian locations to get the right equipment and right professionals to you faster than other companies.
4. You’re Part Of Our Team
We work with you and for you. You are in charge. You receive a complete explanation of the work we will do and why it needs to be done a certain way. Like you, we don’t appreciate surprises.
5. We Use The Latest Technology
The past few years have seen a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo to restore your property to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
6. We Practice The Golden Rule Of Restoration
Restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo professionals practice the golden rule, "Restore whenever possible, replace only when necessary." We make sure pretesting is completed on every loss to determine restorability.
7. For Claim And Other Purposes, Your Loss Is Itemized
SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo can give you an itemized loss inventory. You will receive an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items.
8. We’ll Help You Prevent Losses, Not Just Deal With Them
Our services start with prevention. We’ll come out to your business or home and do a review of how you can protect yourself, your family, your business, and your property from potential losses. That’s another old rule (from Ben Franklin) we like: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Check out our SERVPRO Ready Plan.
9. We Handle Any Loss From A Natural Disaster—Big Or Small
Have multiple locations? No problem. Suffer a small loss from water or fire or wind? We can handle it. Have a massive, complex disaster to recover from? That’s within our scope of services, too.
10. We’re Approved, Certified, And Experienced
We’re trained to IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) standards in fire and water cleanup and restoration. Our professionals attend SERVPRO continuing education classes. SERVPRO has been in business for more than 45 years. Hard-earned results have made SERVPRO a leader in the fire and water cleanup and restoration industry.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
An After Photo of A Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Commercial carpet cleaning is a job that is very competitive in today's society. Whether you are needing your carpet cleaning due to damages, such as fire or water damage, or just because it is a frequently used and worn down area that needs a good cleaning, SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo team will go above and beyond to meet your expectations. For more severe jobs, the Alabama team may even come up to the job and price the cleaning. SERVPRO teams from all over come together and do what they can to make sure that the customer is happy and completely satisfied with the outcome.
If you ever need commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning or even duct cleaning, just call our office at 601-634-0909! SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo will gladly come out and give you a free estimate!
FIRE SAFETY TIPS
The aftermath of a Bedroom Fire
Fires and fire damage are common things we see in our world. But if you are prepared, you have a much better chance of having the least damage to your home.
-Always have more than one working extinguisher in your home. Some great places to keep an extinguisher are under the kitchen sink and in the bedroom
-If you are going to install an extinguisher on the wall remember to place it high on the wall and away from any heat soucres
-Test smoke alarms every month and batteries should be replaced at least once a year
-Make sure you have ample smoke alarms throughout the home
And have an evacuation plan with your family and practice it!
SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo is here to help if you have any questions. Just give us a call at 601-634-0909
Different Types of Smoke
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us SERVRPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo at 601-634-0909
Commercial Water Damages
When business owners think of water damage, the often picture a massive storm wiping out power lines, flooding offices and their business being shut down for days on end. It is true that commercial water damage is often the result of flood and weather events. However, many commercial water damages are due to the following:
-Malfunctioning sprinkler systems that can not only flood a business but also damage inventory and business assets
-Damaged appliances and equipment often seen in restaurants and catering facilities . If the appliance fails and sends water across their building they may come back to face a water damage
-Broken pipes and plumbing are just like a residence, if the plumbing fails or a toilet supply line breaks, they may be facing a water emergency
-Backed up sewer lines is perhaps one of the worst commercial water damages a business owner may face. The potential dangers of contaminated black water and ruining of products and furnishings is a major expense.
If your business has suffered commercial water damage, SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo will get you back up and running. We are available 24/7 at 601-634-0909
Can You Prevent a House Fire?
Can You Prevent a House Fire?
Not all house fires are preventable but this are some good things to know to keep you and your loved ones safe that we see many times in a house fire:
Stay in the kitchen-Never leave a hot cooking surface unattended
Check the Dryer-make sure that cords and connections are inspected. Always clean out the lint trap after a load is finished. Snake the outside hose to much sure that lint hasn't built up in there
Maintain Cords: Regularly check the condtion of cords and watch for frayed wires, repair or replace cords immediately
Flammable Products: Keep flammable products away from heat, including exposure to sunlight. Designate a cool, dark cupboard for flammable products
Candles: Never leave candles unattended and always keep them away from blankets and curtains and even animals
We hope these tips helped and if you have a fire damage, give SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo a call at 601-634-0909
Is Your Business Ready?
Many business owners are caught off guard when disaster strikes. Thinking that it would never happen to them or never even considering the possibility of a disaster, they fail to have a plan in place for their business. Unfortunately, many times, once disaster strikes, it’s too late. Many businesses are forced to close permanently after disaster because they were not prepared. With Hurricane season upon us once more, please take the time to protect your business with a few ideas from below.
According to foxbusiness.com, there are 7 steps you can take if you are a small business owner to help protect your business from disaster.
- Risk Assessment: Determine what types of emergencies are most likely to affect your company and then evaluate your level of preparedness. Check in with your insurance company, make sure employees are trained for emergencies, have data backed up and stored at a safe location.
- Review Your Insurance Coverage: Talk with your insurance agent to make sure your business is covered if hit by disaster. After determining what types of emergencies your business is most prone to, make sure your policy covers those particular types of situations. Ask about business interruption insurance which helps business owners continue to pay on-going bills while operations are shut down during disaster recovery.
- Create a Contingency Plan: Review your business operations and determine which are most important for the survival of your business. Form a process to manage these functions in the event of a disaster. Determine an alternate business location where business operations can continue during the recovery process.
- Create a Communications Plan: Disasters create chaos and having a communications plan in place in advance will help minimize panic.
- Back Up Your Data: Making sure all your data is backed up and stored in a safe place is critical. Cloud-based data solutions are best as they stay safe during disasters and can be accessed from any location.
- Build an Emergency Kit: Have an emergency kit available on site including items like water, flashlights, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Review and Rehearse You Plan: Once your plan is in place, make sure your employees know the plan and have practiced implementing it.
While disasters can be devastating to a business, preparation can definitely help in the recovery process. By taking action before disaster strikes and getting a plan in place, business owners can help protect their business in times of emergencies.
When a Storm affects your town
Severe weather can take a toll on your home. It's not unusual for storm damage to affect your home, leading to serious problems in the aftermath of the weather. SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo provides 24-hour restoration services for weather-related damage to homes.
When a storm strikes, it's important to be aware of the potential problems that can develop. You can't control the weather, but you can control how you respond in the immediate aftermath. Here are three of the issues that could afflict your home after a storm hits:
- Roof Damage: Roofs are susceptible to damage during any major storm, from heavy winds and torrential rains to snowstorms. Moisture can weaken already vulnerable areas of the roof, and strong winds can knock down loose shingles or cause visible damage to them. You may notice a leak in your attic or ceiling if a storm damages your roof.
- Windows Are Vulnerable: A thoroughly sealed and weather-stripped window is unlikely to suffer severe storm damage, but old windows that haven't been catered to recently could develop problems if it rains. For example, the moisture can seep into openings around the window, causing a leak inside the house. Rain can also cause wood to rot and mold to develop in the window's vicinity. Rugs and carpets in the area could also be susceptible to water damage. Windows in the basement are extremely vulnerable if they aren't protected, which leads to flooded basements and potentially damaged property.
- Gutters Can Become Clogged: Gutters aren't immediately obvious problems because you have to inspect them to see if they've become clogged after the storm. Rain can wash all kinds of debris into them, and once they become congested, they no longer filter water away from your home. The result could be water damage to your property, and the gutters could also suffer damage later since the excess weight of debris can cause them to sag.
Storm damage affects more than just the trees around the house. It can also have an impact on your home's foundation. After a major storm, take a close look at your home and investigate for problematic signs. If you discover anything, call the restoration service team at SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo at 601-634-0909
After a fire strikes, most people are overwhelmed and often the first question is what happens to our belongings. At SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo we can help by offering to inventory, clean and store your belongings. When our technicians first arrive at your property, they will start taking pictures, room by room, documenting and bar coding anything that will be removed from the property. After everything is documented and bar coded your contents and furniture will be loaded into our trucks and taken back to our meridian office for cleaning and storage. Every step of your belongings journey from fire damaged, to restored will be documented and pictures takes. Insurance companies, especially like the list and details that SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo can provide. We will work with your insurance adjuster and agent so that everyone is on the same page.