Carpet and Pad after a flood.
After a flood, many homeowners and property managers wonder if their carpet and pad can be saved. Let SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo give you the answer, it depends. Factors such as the age and quality of the carpet and pad, as well as the type of installation used, have to be taken into consideration. However, the type of floodwater that caused the damage is most important when determining whether or not carpet and padding can be salvaged.
There are 3 floodwater categories that determine whether the carpet and padding can be restored to their pre-disaster condition:
- Category 1 (clean water): non-contaminated water that may come from a broken pipe, sink, etc. After the water has been extracted, carpets and pads can be dried and restored in place.
- Category 2 (gray water): dirty water that has been released by sump pumps, washing machines, dishwashers, etc. The carpet can usually be restored if it has been wet for less than 48 hours. The pad is replaced in most cases.
- Category 3 (black water): water containing dangerous contaminants that may originate from sewage and toilet backflows as well as from floods caused by natural disasters. To protect your family’s health, carpets and pads should be removed, discarded and replaced.
Since every water damage situation is different, you cannot know for sure if or when your carpet and pad can be salvaged until you have a professional restoration company inspect the situation.
The faster you report the disaster, the lower the costs will be. If you’re dealing with a flooding problem, contact SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo today to speak to a Mitigation Specialist at 601-634-0909
General Cleaning Services
SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo offers more then just Fire, Water and Mold restoration! Here at SERVPRO we also offer carpet cleaning, tile & grout,upholstery and duct cleaning. We also offer general cleaning needs such as cleaning baseboards,windows,bathrooms, etc. so when your home or business is in need of a good spring cleaning call our office and get an estimate for all of your cleaning needs!! Our crews have advanced equipment and products to do the job to the best of their ability and to make your home or business look and smelling great. We also take pride in the jobs we produce and make sure our customers are satisfied at the completion of the job. Call us TODAY for your general cleaning quote 601-634-0909
Commercial Fire/Water Services
Commercial Properties are a big investment and we at SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo are always here to help from water and fire damages to your general cleaning needs. We understand that a fire or water loss at your commercial property is also lost revenue for your business and can be devastating and this is one of the reasons we offer 24 hour emergency services 7 days a week. Our crews are highly trained,have advanced equipment and resources so that we can get your commercial property back to operating and pre loss condition in a timely matter. If your commercial property is ever affected call our professionals at SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo 601-634-0909 and let us make it "Like it never even happened."
Have you ever had a disaster happen at your residential or commercial property and SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo came to your rescue??
If so was our staff courteous and understanding of your concerns? Or did you encounter some issues that were not taking care of that our franchise needs to be aware of?
We value your opinion and experience so leaving us feedback on your experience with SERVPRO would help us greatly. We have three sites our customers are able to leave feedback on Yelp, Facebook and Google.
SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo is locally owned and operated,so please take the time to leave us your feedback,we look forward to hearing our customers experiences and are willing to address any concerns we may encounter.
Prevent mold in Closet Areas
In many older homes your closet could be affected by moisture and a smelly odor. It is very important you deal with moisture issues in a closet to prevent microbial growth and mildew. Here are a few tips on how you could prevent this issue from happening.
- Always let any damp material to dry completely before putting them away.
- Make sure clothes or any other items stored away are cleaned because soiled items can be the breeding ground for microbial growth.
- Try not to pack your closets to tight with items so you can allow air flow.
- Store shoe boxes on wire shelves instead of the floor so you do not trap moisture under the boxes.
Hopefully these few tips can help you prevent microbial growth, if you have any questions or concerns contact SERVPRO Of Vicksburg 601-634-0909.
How To Protect Your Home From A Water Damage
Did you know that water damage claims are one of the highest insurance claims by homeowners?Check out the list below to see how you can be proactive on keeping your home from flooding, SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo wants to make sure you as a homeowner are not faced with a major water damage.
* Always check for leaks under your sinks, toilets and exterior of your home such as the roof.
* Remember to check your major appliances to ensure that all hoses are connected properly.
* Check your homes outside gutters to ensure they are not clogged in case of rain that may cause back up.
* If you plan to leave your home for a few days get someone to check on your home so if an emergency does occur you are aware instead of coming home to a nightmare.
If at any time your home is affected by a water damage call our trained professionals and let us take the headache out of your hands!!
SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo
Because of our location as a gulf state, Mississippi residents are especially prone to damage caused by floods. Flooding can be common during the hurricane season but unusual weather patterns can also bring unexpected flooding of the type we have witnessed in our state over the last few years.
If your home has flooded, it is important to conduct a list of safety checks before returning inside. The Department of Housing and Urban Development has produced an in-depth document outlining these safety steps. They include:
- Checking the roof for dips across the surface
- Checking external walls to determine if they are no longer plum
- Checking the foundation from the outside to see if it has been damaged
- Making sure electricity and gas have been shut off
Once inside, there can be multiple safety hazards and threats. The presence of mold is a real possibility and a valid concern for your personal safety. If you have an older home, there is also the risk of lead or asbestos contamination. Flood water contains multiple health hazards and just because the visible water is gone, it doesn’t mean the contaminants are no longer a threat.
If your residential or commercial property is ever flooded call the professionals at SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo 601-634-0909.
Tips to Prevent Mold Growth
NO home or business owner likes to see Mold growth in their building or residence. There are several ways to prevent mold growth in your home or business. Here are some tips to help you:
- Control your indoor climate
- Keep a eye out for standing water
- Do not leave wet clothing around for more then two days.
- If the moisture becomes to much in your home, add a dehumidifier.
- Check for drainage problems around the home.
- Eliminate clutter in and outside of the home.
- Properly size your air conditioner unit to the size of your home.
- An indoor humidity monitor will help you keep track of the moisture in your home.
- Always check your air conditioning unit before turning it on for the season.
- Call a professional if you believe you may have any mold problem.
If you suspect you have mold growth in your home or business call SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo 601-634-0909and let us make it "Like it never even happened."
Classes of Water Damages
If your home or business is ever affected by a water damage it is very important to know the extent of the damage it may cause. According to the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), there are four classes of destruction that explain the severity levels of water damage. Knowing the class of destruction first will help in making a restoration plan to fix the water damage.
Classes of Destruction
*Class 1 –
Class 1 is the easiest water damage to deal with due to the slow evaporation rate. Only part of the room or area is affected for this class and there is little to no wet carpet that has been affected.
*Class 2 –
Due to the fast evaporation rate of Class 2, the whole room becomes affected. From the carpeting to the walls and structure, moisture covers the room.
*Class 3 -
Class 3 involves the fastest evaporation rate where ceilings have now become involved. Most instances from this class have had liquid come from the ceiling. The moisture in these incidents will most likely affect the ceiling, walls, insulation, carpet and sub-floors.
*Class 4 –
When an area has reached class 4, this means that the liquid has had enough time to completely saturate materials such as hardwood, brick or even stone. These incidents require specialty-drying situations.
If your home or business is ever affected by water call SERVPRO of Vicksburg & Yazoo 601-634-0909 and let our trained professionals make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo
Did you know that SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo is locally owned and operated to better serve our community and surrounding areas! As a locally owned company we offer emergency services 24 hours a day 7 days a week making us faster to any disaster. Our technicians are highly trained and use advanced restoration and cleaning equipment. With over 1,700 franchises in the US and Canada there's a SERVPRO near and ready to help if and whenever your residential or commercial property is affected! Although we are located in Vicksburg,Ms we also service Yazoo City, Crystal Springs, Hazelhurst, Port Gibson, Belzoni, Bentonia & Rolling Fork. SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo take pride in our services and we are ready to help!! SERVPRO Of Vicksburg & Yazoo 601-634-0909