Fire Safety Facts
- Limit movement in the area to prevent further damage.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Clearly mark the area with caution signs and safety tape.
- If area is safe, list vital contents for emergency restoration/priority service.
- Be sure your staff wears proper personal protection equipment.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Wash off both sides of leaves on indoor plants.
- Change HVAC filters and tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Do not attempt to wash walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO Professional.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first contacting your local SERVPRO Professional.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances, computers, television, radios, etc., that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first contacting an authorized repair service.